Who is TasPlates?
TasPlates is a long-term partnering arrangement between the Government of Tasmania and Plate Impressions Pty Ltd - an Australian based company with expertise in registration plate services and marketing. The aim of our dedicated staff is to provide Tasmanians with the best range of personalised plates and make the buying and ownership of plates easy and enjoyable. Our team is involved in a range of activities:
- Assisting the public, motor dealers and Service Tasmania staff through the call-centre.
- Providing information, advertising material and assistance directly to Service Tasmania and motor dealers throughout Tasmania.
- Public relations and fundraising activities with Tasmanian organisations and clubs.
TasPlates aim is to offer Tasmanians the best range of plate designs and service and we welcome any feedback, so please don't hesitate in contacting us with comments and suggestions.
How many characters can I have on my plate?
For a plate intended for a car or truck you are allowed up to and including 6 characters. A motorcycle, however, is limited to 5 characters.
Do I own my personalised plates?
Yes. From 1 March 2007, your unique combination belongs to you. There are no annual renewal fees.
Can I purchase personalised plates without a driver's licence?
Yes. Individuals and companies can visit Service Tasmania and apply for a Customer Reference Number (CRN). Service Tasmania can issue a CRN from the Motor Registry System once the customer satisfies the normal identity validation requirements. You can then purchase TasPlates for your wall, they cannot be attached to a vehicle.
Can I purchase plates if I don't want to put them on a vehicle?
Certainly. Simply don't nominate that they will be attached to a vehicle via the website or via the call centre operator and you can put them on a wall.However, if you want to attach them to a vehicle later on you are required to visit Service Tasmania, complete an application to transfer and bring the number plates that were previously affixed to the vehicle.
How will I get my new registration label?
As at 1 September 2012, registration labels are no longer required for light vehicles. If you have a heavy vehicle over 4.5 tonnes GVM a new registration label will be mailed to you and needs to be affixed straight away. For all vehicle types, a new certificate of registration will be mailed to you.
What do I do with my old plates?
When you ordered your TasPlates, if you nominated that they are being attached to a vehicle then you are required to return your old plates. We offer two convenient options to return your old plates:
- Your delivery parcel includes a return addressed post bag; simply enclose your old plates in the bag, seal and deposit in an Australia Post collection box or post office and they will be returned to us for recording and secure destruction.
- You can also hand over your old plates at Service Tasmania where they will be recorded and collected for secure destruction.
You are required to return the previous registration plates either in the self-addressed envelope supplied or to Service Tasmania within 7 days of receiving your personalised plates. Failure to do so may result in prosecution and a fine not exceeding 10 penalty units ($1000).
Are my personalised plates covered under warranty?
Yes, your TasPlates are covered by a 5 year manufacturing warranty. If your plates are hard to read or have faded, we recommend contacting us on 1300 787 060.
Can I upgrade the design of my TasPlates?
Of course. Changing the style or design of your TasPlates is easy. Get started by clicking here, or by calling our customer service team on 1300 787 060.
In most ranges, you will be able to change your background and transfer your characters, just make sure the character combinations format of your current plates match the format of the plate you wish to upgrade into (e.g. 3 Letters/3 Numbers).
FEES & PRICING
Are there any hidden costs to purchasing a plate?
There are no hidden costs, GST or freight expenses. Registration charges are all included in the plate purchase price.
What happens to the money made from personalised plates?
Proceeds from every personalised plate are returned to the Tasmanian Government to assist in providing vital services and infrastructure for each and every Tasmanian.
Is there a cooling off period or can I get a refund if I change my mind?
No, once you have decided to purchase TasPlates and you make payment, there is no cooling off period and refunds are not available if you change your mind.
HOW TO ORDER NUMBER PLATES
What options do I have to order TasPlates?
There are 3 easy ways to order:
What payment options do I have?
We accept MasterCard and VISA when you complete your purchase via the website or call centre.
Credit card, EFTPOS and cash can be used when purchasing TasPlates at Service Tasmania.
How secure is the TasPlates website?
The TasPlates website transaction application is contained within a secure iframe using 128 bit encryption. This means that your data is transmitted securely. If you prefer, you can order over the phone by contacting the TasPlates Customer Service team on 1300 787 060 during business hours.
DELIVERY OF YOUR NEW NUMBER PLATES
How are my plates delivered?
Your TasPlates will be delivered at no extra cost to your nominated home or work address. Delivery is via Australia Post E-Parcel service and is securely tracked throughout its journey. The delivery person will ask you to sign for your plates as proof of delivery. However, if you are not home when the deliverer calls, they will leave a note in your letterbox directing you to collect at plates at a nominated post office.
How long will it take to get my plates?
Your plates will be made and dispatched directly to you within 20 working days. Please allow additional days for Australia Post delivery.
Can I buy number plates as a gift?
Yes, you can purchase a gift voucher to the value of the full plate purchase price from a chosen plate range. Order online here or call 1300 787 060. The gift recipient will then be able to redeem the gift voucher by calling TasPlates on 1300 787 060.
Can I buy a blank gift certificate to a dollar value?
Yes, TasPlates gift vouchers are available in $50, $100 or $200 amounts. Order online here or call 1300 787 060.
How do I redeem my TasPlates gift voucher?
TasPlates gift vouchers are only redeemable by placing your order with the TasPlates customer service team. Please call 1300 787 060.
I have a Gift Card that was given to me from TasPlates, are there any specific terms and conditions I need to be aware of?
Yes. When redeeming the gift cards that are part of the Welcome brochure and Dealer gift certificate promotions, you need to abide by the following terms and conditions: the gift cards can only be used once and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Can I transfer my TasPlates ownership to someone else?
If you wish to transfer the ownership of your plates to another party, simply go to Service Tasmania and complete, please note there is a $22 fee associated with this transaction.
Can I keep my plates when I sell my car?
Yes. However, you'll need to go into a Service Tasmania shop and re-register your vehicle with general issue registration plates, they are $32.90 for cars and $30.10 for motorcycles.
How do I transfer my plates from vehicle to vehicle?
If you are transferring your TasPlates between vehicles that are registered in your name there is no transfer fee. You just need to go into any Service Tasmania and complete the appropriate forms.
Can I keep my plates if I'm moving interstate?
Yes, simply take them with you. However, they cannot be attached to a vehicle that is registered in another state.
LOST, DAMAGED OR STOLEN NUMBER PLATES
What happens if my plates are lost, damaged or stolen?
Contact TasPlates on 1300 787 060 and arrange to have a duplicate set manufactured.
Please note a remake fee applies.
BIKE RACK NUMBER PLATES
Do I need bike rack plates?
If you attach a bike rack or mobility device rack to the back of your vehicle and it obstructs the view of the number plate, you will need a bike rack plate. The plate will have the same letter/number combination as the plates on your vehicle.
How do I order a bike rack plate?
Call the TasPlates customer service team on 1300 787 060. It is $30 for a bike rack plate, the letter/number combination will match your personalised plates.
TRAILER & CARAVAN NUMBER PLATES
Do I need a number plate for my trailer or caravan?
Yes, all vehicles require number plates. Caravans and trailers have their own number plates as they have a separate registration from your vehicle.
How do I order trailer or caravan plates?
You can order them via the normal ordering channels. However, trailer plates are only available in one style; MyColour white on black.
HEAVY VEHICLE NUMBER PLATES
Can I order personalised plates for my heavy vehicle?
Yes, all TasPlates styles available for cars are also available for heavy vehicles. You can order personalised number plates for your heavy vehicle through the same channels as all other TasPlates.
Are there different plate sizes I can choose from?
Yes. The majority of plate styles for cars are available in Standard (372 x 134mm) and Slimline (372 x 100mm) for front and back combinations of your choice. Please note, Euro plates are only available in the special European size of 520 x 112mm and Prestige plates are available in Standard (372 x 130mm) and Slimline (372 x 100mm) sizes. Motorcycle plates are only available in one size, 186 x 100mm.
If I've chosen a plate style with graphics and/or a tagline, will they appear on slimline sized plates?
No. Unfortunately the size of the Slimline plates cannot accommodate all of these elements. However, depending on the particular design, some parts of the graphics may appear.
- 1.1. Welcome to www.tasplates.com (the 'Website'). The Website provides you with an opportunity to browse and purchase various products including but not limited to personalised number plates and related services that have been listed for sale through the Website (the 'Products').Products also includes Gift Vouchers. The Website provides this service by way of granting you access to the content on the Website (the 'Purchase Services').
- 1.2. Plate Impressions Pty Ltd (ABN 331 052 622 299) has been appointed in accordance with section 7 of the Vehicle and Traffic Act 1999 as the delegate of the Registrar of Motor Vehicles in the State of Tasmania to undertake some of the functions and powers to register motor vehicles in accordance with Part 5 of the Vehicles and Traffic (Driver Licensing and Vehicle Registration) Regulations 2010, specifically in relation to the products and services relating to personalised number plates. The Website is operated by Plate Impressions Pty Ltd trading as TasPlates (‘TasPlates’). Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Purchase Services, referred to, is provided by TasPlates.
- 1.3. Please read these terms and conditions (the 'Terms') and any other related terms and conditions carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of the Purchase Services, immediately.
- 1.4. TasPlates reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion, at any time without prior notice to you. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. It is your responsibility to monitor amended terms and conditions. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by TasPlates in the user interface.
- 3.1. In order to access the Purchase Services, or as part of your continued use of the Purchase Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- (a) your full name
- (b) your date of birth
- (c) an email address
- (d) Tasmanian drivers licence number
- (e) a mailing address
- (f)a telephone number
- (g) details of any additional owner, including full name and address
- (h) registration details, make and year of manufacture of vehicle;
- (i)information required under the Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
- 3.2.You warrant that any information you give to TasPlates in the course of completing the Purchase process will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- 3.3.Once you have completed the Purchase process, including whether purchasing or using a Gift Voucher you will be a Customer of the Website ('Customer') and agree to be bound by the Terms. As a Customer you will be granted immediate access to the Purchase Services.
- 3.4.You may not use the Purchase Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- (a) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with TasPlates; or
- (b) you are a person barred from receiving the Purchase Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Purchase Services.
4.1. As a Customer, you agree to, or have complied with the following:
- (a) You will use the Purchase Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- (1)these Terms;
- (2) any additional terms and conditions relating to a competition or promotion (if applicable);
- (3) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- (4) any use of your personal information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify TasPlates of any unauthorised use or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- (b) access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of TasPlates providing the Purchase Services;
- (c) you will not use the Purchase Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of Customers by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website;
- (d) you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from the Website without notice and may result in termination of the Purchase Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken by TasPlates for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website;
- (e) you agree that you will not upload or attempt to upload any material that contains viruses or any other harmful programs, or that will be breach of any laws including intellectual property or privacy rights or is defamatory/threatening/indecent, or interfere with or disrupt the Site, or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any services;
- (f)You acknowledge that any communications, comments, stories or images you send to us (via the Site, email or otherwise) are provided on a non-commercial basis. You agree that we may reproduce, publish, or otherwise use such communications (or edited versions of such communications) including but not limited to your name, an image, or content, in any way, in any media, including our social media sites, for any purpose, without remuneration, subject to relevant privacy laws; and
- (g) you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Purchase Services is prohibited.
- 5.1. In using the Purchase Services to purchase the Product or a related service, for example a gift voucher, through the Website, you will agree to the payment of the purchase price listed on the Website for the Product (the 'Purchase Price').
- 5.2.Payment of the Purchase Price may be made through one of the following third party providers:
- 5.3.Following payment of the Purchase Price being confirmed by TasPlates, you will be issued with a receipt to confirm that the payment has been received and TasPlates may record your purchase details for future use.
- 5.4.TasPlates may, at their sole discretion, provide a refund on the purchase of the Products within 1 business day of the date of purchase.
- 6.1. You can purchase the TasPlates Products for display purposes or for use on a vehicle.You must make this election at the time of Purchase.
- 6.2.If you chose to use the Product for display purposes only but you later decide you would like to use them on a vehicle, you will need to complete an Application for Replacement Plates and pay the small government fee at a Service Tasmania location.
- 6.3.You have the right to transfer the ownership of a Product.In order to transfer you will need to complete the appropriate transfer documentation and pay the small government fee at a Service Tasmania location.
- 6.4.The Tasmanian government retains the right to recall any Product, whether or not issued and paid for, in certain circumstances, including but not limited to recall for inappropriate content.
- 7.1. Plate Impression's Products come with a manufacturer’s warranty that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of the Product. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if the Products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure (the 'Warranty').
- 7.2.You may make a claim under this clause (the 'Warranty Claim') for material defects and workmanship in the Products within 5 years from the date of purchase (the 'Warranty Period').
- 7.3.In order to make a Warranty Claim during the Warranty Period, you must provide proof of purchase to TasPlates showing the date of purchase of the Products, provide a description of the Products and the price paid for the Products by sending written notice to TasPlates at PO Box 1128, HOBART, TASMANIA 7001, Australia or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. TasPlates will then liaise with the manufacturer and facilitate the approval of the Warranty Claim.
- 7.4.Where the Warranty Claim is accepted, TasPlates will, confirm with you, whether the manufacturer, at its sole discretion, will either repair or replace any defective Products or part thereof with a new, like for like Product (provided that product is still available) during the Warranty Period at no charge to you for parts or labour. You acknowledge and agree that you may be charged for any postage or shipping costs incurred in facilitating the Warranty Claim.
- 7.5.The Warranty shall be the sole and exclusive warranty granted by TasPlates and shall be the sole and exclusive remedy available to you in addition to other rights and under a law in relation to the Products to which this warranty relates.
- 7.6.All implied warranties including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for use are limited to the Warranty Period.
- 7.7.The Warranty does not apply to any appearance of the supplied Products nor to the additional excluded items set forth below nor to any supplied Products where the exterior of which has been damaged or defaced, which has been subjected to misuse, abnormal service or handling, or which has been altered or modified in design or construction.
- 8.1. You acknowledge that the Purchase Services offered by TasPlates integrate delivery (the 'Delivery Services') through the use of third party delivery companies (the 'Delivery Service Providers').
- 8.2.In providing the Purchase Services, TasPlates may provide you with a variety of delivery options offered as part of the Delivery Services by the Delivery Service Providers. You acknowledge and agree that TasPlates is not the provider of these delivery services and merely facilitates your interaction with the Delivery Service Providers in respect to providing the Delivery Services.
- 8.3.In the event that an item is lost or damaged in the course of the Delivery Services, TasPlates asks that you:
- (a) contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or telephoning our contact centre on 1300 787 060 outlining in what way the Products were damaged in transit so we are able to determine if the Delivery Service Provider should be removed from the Purchase Services.
- 8.4.There are numerous ways for you to return the Product if directed by TasPlates, the Tasmanian government under a recall, or if you simply do not wish to retain them.Product can be returned to any Service Tasmania location.If you choose to return them to TasPlates via the post, you acknowledge and agree that you are liable for any postage and shipping costs.
- 8.5.If you have indicated that the Product is to be attached to a vehicle, you will have two options for returning your existing registration plates either to Tasplates in the addressed envelope provided or to a Service Tasmania location.
- 9.1. The Website, the Purchase Services and all of the related Products of TasPlates are subject to copyright and intellectual property rights. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright, trademarks and patents) in the site, site content and compilation of the website and any subdomain (including text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, forms, process and software) (the 'Content') are owned or controlled (licensed) for these purposes, and are reserved by Plate Impressions Pty Ltd, or its contributors.
- 9.2.Plate Impressions Pty Ltd retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website, subdomain and all related Content.Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer to you:
- (a) the business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark (whether registered or otherwise), industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright of Plate Impressions Pty Ltd; or
- (b) the right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design (whether registered or otherwise); or
- (c) the right to use, reverse engineer, modify or exploit a system or process that is the subject of a patent (or patent pending), registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a system or process).
- 9.3.You may not, without the prior written permission of Plate Impressions Pty Ltd and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Content or the Website for any purpose.
10.1. Lost, damaged, or stolen Products can be replaced at your expense by contacting TasPlates by telephoning our contact centre on 1300 787 060.
- 12.1. You acknowledge that TasPlates does not make any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions whatsoever regarding the Products other than provided for pursuant to these Terms.
- 12.2. TasPlates will make every effort to ensure Product and Content is accurately depicted on the Website, however, you acknowledge that sizes, colours and packaging may differ from what is displayed on the Website.We do not accept any responsibility for any error, omission, nor defect in the information.All material and Content on the Website is for general information purposes only and is not to be taken as legal or any other advice.If necessary, we recommend that you seek professional advice before acting on any information on the Site.
- 12.3. Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- 12.4. Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- (a) all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in these Terms are excluded; and
- (b) TasPlates we will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Purchase Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Purchase Services or the late supply of the Purchase Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- 12.5. Use of the Website, the Purchase Services, and any of the Products of TasPlates (including the Delivery Services), is at your own risk.Everything on the Website, the Purchase Services, and the Products of TasPlates, are provided to you on an "as is" and "as available" basis, without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the TasPlates affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers or licensors of TasPlates (including any third party where the Delivery Services are made available to you) make any express or implied representation or warranty about its Content or any Products or Purchase Services (including the Products or Purchase Services of TasPlates) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- (a) failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- (b) the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Purchase Service, any of its Content, or Products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- (c) costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Purchase Services or any of the Products;
- (d) the Content or operation in respect to links which are provided for the User's convenience.In relation to third party websites, we do not accept responsibility for the condition or content of these linked sites as they are not under our control.Nor should the existence of a link imply any endorsement of the linked website or its contents.Access to these third party websites is at your own risk;
- (e) entry or participation in any competition or promotion run by TasPlates;
- (f)any failure to complete a transaction, or any loss arising from e-commerce transacted on the Website; or
- (g) any defamatory, threatening, offensive or unlawful conduct of third parties or publication of any materials relating to or constituting such conduct.
13.1 Using the latest internet browser on your computer will help to improve your TasPlates experience. We support the following minimum browser standards;
- (a) Internet Explorer 10 or later
- (b) Mozilla Firefox
- (c) Google Chrome
- (d) Apple Safari
- (a) Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Website or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Website more useful to you.
- (b) Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- (1)To enable certain functions of the Website
- (2) To provide analytics
- (3) To enable advertisements delivery, including behavioural advertising.
- (b) We use both session and persistent cookies on the Website and we use different types of cookies to run the Website:
- (1)Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
- (2) Analytics cookies. We may use analytics cookies to track information how the Website is used so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
- (3) Advertising cookies. These type of cookies are used to deliver advertisements on and through the Website and track the performance of these advertisements. These cookies may also be used to enable third-party advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities or interests.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Website, deliver advertisements on and through the Website, and so on.
- (b) Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- (c) For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- (d) For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- (e) For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- (f)For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
- (g) For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites: AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- 15.1. TasPlates's total liability arising out of or in connection with the Purchase Services, Products, Gift Voucher or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the Purchase Price paid by you under these Terms or the total liability of TasPlates will be the resupply of Product or Purchase Services to you.
- 15.2. You expressly understand and agree that TasPlates, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
- 15.3. TasPlates is not responsible or liable in any manner for any site content (including the Content and Third Party Content) posted on the Website, or related social media sites, or in connection with the Purchase Services, whether posted or caused by users of the website of TasPlates, by third parties or by any of the Purchase Services offered by TasPlates.
- 15.4. You acknowledge that TasPlates does not provide the Delivery Services to you and you agree that TasPlates will not be liable to you for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Delivery Services.
- 15.5. TasPlates will not assume any liability nor take any responsibility for any technical malfunction, error or omissions, interruption, deletion, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, virus, bug, tampering, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of this Website, or any injury or damage to any persons computer, related to the participation or downloading of any material from this Website.
16.1. TasPlates or the Registrar of Motor Vehicles may at any time, terminate, or recall a Purchase with you if:
- (a) you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- (b) TasPlates is required to do so by law;
- (c) the Delivery partner with whom TasPlates offered the Purchase Services to you has terminated its relationship with TasPlates;
- (d) TasPlates reserves the right to automatically cancel a personalised number plate order. TasPlates and the Registrar of Motor Vehicles have absolute discretion in the manufacture of Plates and have the right to stop manufacture or recall any Products considered inappropriate or offensive at any time after the Purchase Services has commenced. Tasplates has strict guidelines to adhere to from the Registrar of Motor Vehicles in relation to the content that can be used on the Products. A personalised plate is still an official form of vehicle identification so every combination must be assessed against a number of criteria. "Unacceptable" plates include:
- (1)Obscene or indecent combinations of letters and or numbers;
- (2) Plates promoting unsafe, violent or harmful behaviour;
- (3) Plates that are discriminatory, or could offend members of a distinct culture or a particular religion; nation; race; or minority status or a member of the general public acting reasonably;
- (4) Plates that could be considered offensive to Government Departments;
- (5) Plates including content that may be defamatory, in breach of any laws, regulations, rules, codes or third party rights or otherwise objectionable in the absolute discretion of TasPlates or the Registrar of Motor Vehicles.
- (e) the provision of the Purchase Services to you by TasPlates is, in the opinion of TasPlates, no longer commercially viable.
17.1. You agree to indemnify TasPlates, its affiliates, employees, agents, contractors, agents, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
- (a) all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with any Products, Purchase Services, or Content you purchase or post through the Website;
- (b) any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so and any breach by you or your agents of these Terms; and/or
- (c) any breach of the Terms.
The Terms are governed by the laws of Tasmania, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Tasmania, Australia.
Plate Impressions Pty Ltd has taken all reasonable care in producing all the information contained in the website including but not limited to information, diagrams and specifications, photographs, price lists, and terms and conditions.
However, Plate Impressions will not be responsible for loss or damage arising from the use of this information.
You may download the information for your own personal use or to inform others about our products and services, but you may not reproduce or modify it without our express permission.
GIFT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to the purchase and use of the online gift vouchers found on Plate Impressions Pty Ltd website – www.tasplates.com or from our contact centre on 1300 787 060. These terms and conditions specifically refer to the Plate Impressions Pty Ltd (TasPlates) online gift voucher – a gift voucher which may be used to purchase a personalised number plate as listed on the website. Please note that online Gift Vouchers from Plate Impressions Pty Ltd are subject to set of terms and conditions set out on this website.
By purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem an Online Gift Voucher you:
- Accept and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
“contact centre” means Plate Impressions Pty Ltd TasPlates contact centre accessible by calling 1300 787 060;
“Gift Voucher” means a gift voucher purchased online from the Plate Impressions Pty Ltd website or contact centre;
“Plate Impressions Pty Ltd” means Plate Impressions Pty Ltd Pty Ltd (ABN33 105 262 637);
“Website” means the Plate Impressions Pty Ltd website, accessible at www.tasplates.com.
A reference to “us” or “we” is a reference to Plate Impressions Pty Ltd.
A reference to “you” or “your” is a reference to the person who purchases, possesses or attempts to use the Gift Voucher and for the avoidance of doubt will include the person that is to receive the gift voucher.
Making a Purchase
When you purchase and/or use an online gift voucher from the Plate Impressions Pty Ltd website or contact centre and tick the box that says ‘I understand and accept the Terms and Conditions’ (or verbally provide your consent), you become legally bound by these terms and conditions. Please do not proceed to purchase/use your online gift voucher until you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions. If you have any queries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to assist.
Redeeming an Online Gift Voucher
The Gift Voucher is valid for all products on the website, unless you select a gift voucher specifically for a Product range. See the options at www.tasplates.com. This Gift Voucher may be used for the purchase of goods, subject to the terms and conditions and availability of desired content and style.
- You can check your balance by contacting our contact centre.
- When making a purchase through the contact centre, please let the team know you have a Gift Voucher and quote the Gift Voucher number.
- The Gift Voucher is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
- The Gift Voucher is not redeemable for cash and has no monetary value.
- Additional product purchase terms and conditions. apply; please read those on our website.
- The validity of the Gift Voucher will be confirmed prior to redemption.
- Plate Impressions Pty Ltd does not take any responsibility for adverse outcomes or experiences such as personal loss or injury, accidents, product failure or loss of Gift Voucher arising from or associated in any way with the use of the Gift Voucher.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call our Contact Centre on 1300 787 060.
All gift voucher amounts include Goods and Services Tax (GST) at the current rate of 10%. Credit card processing fees may apply to purchases.
Transfer of Plate Impressions Pty Ltd Gift Vouchers
Lost or Damaged Gift Vouchers
If an online Gift Voucher is received and subsequently lost or damaged, the recipient may be eligible to have a replacement voucher emailed to them, subject to the conditions below.
Conditions for replacement of lost Plate Impressions Pty Ltd Gift Vouchers:
- The voucher is still valid and has not yet been exchanged or used.
- Proof of purchase is provided, including a copy of the receipt, purchaser’s full name and/or purchaser’s email address.
- Plate Impressions Pty Ltd is able to correctly verify you as the original recipient.
Please note it is the voucher recipient’s responsibility to obtain and provide Plate Impressions Pty Ltd with all required verification details. Failure to do so will mean no replacement voucher can be issued.
Expiry & Extensions: Gift Vouchers
Online Gift Vouchers must be used within 12 months of purchase. The expiry date is clearly displayed on all Gift Vouchers. Any balance remaining on the Gift Voucher, whether or not a purchase has been made will not be available for use after the expiry date.
Gift Voucher Delivery
Gift vouchers will be emailed to the email address provided by you. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to provide the correct email address for gift vouchers. Plate Impressions Pty Ltd is not responsible for delayed orders where incorrect or incomplete email address details have been provided.
If for any reason your Gift Voucher doesn’t arrive, please contact us immediately and we can arrange for the Gift Voucher to be emailed again to you once we have verified the original has not been used.
Plate Impressions Liability
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you acknowledge, understand and accept that Plate Impressions Pty Ltd has:
- No liability for any act, omission or default, whether negligent or otherwise from the sale or redemption of any Gift Vouchers on Plate Impressions Pty Ltd website or contact centre; and
- No liability for any loss or damage occasioned by any negligent act or omission of any business selling Gift Vouchers on Plate Impressions Pty Ltd website.
Where Plate Impressions Pty Ltd’s liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the Gift Voucher purchased.h3
Complaints or Problems with your Gift Voucher
If you have a problem or a complaint regarding your online Gift Voucher purchased from the Plate Impressions Pty Ltd website, please contact us immediately. If you have any concerns or questions relating to a Plate Impressions Pty Ltd Gift Voucher, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Contact Centre on 1300 787 060.
Illustrations on Our Sites
The photographs, specifications, drawings or plate information used on our website is to illustrate the goods for purchase with the online Gift Voucher. They are provided as an indication of the goods you may obtain, but it may be that the actual product may differ from the website, particularly in colour.
Plate Impressions Pty Ltd Legal Entity
Plate Impressions Pty Ltd website (www.tasplates.com) is owned and operated by Plate Impressions Pty Ltd Pty Ltd (ABN: 73 551 580 291). We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions without notice and you agree to be bound by any subsequent change. Changes to the Terms and Conditions will be available at Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are to be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Tasmania, Australia. Any dispute arising from your receipt or use of a Gift Voucher is exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Tasmania.
Information Collection Statement
Your privacy is important to us.
We may collect personal information such as your name, address, contact details and identification details, primarily for the purpose of and incidental to selling and promoting our products and services to you in a secure way.
If you do not provide this information in whole or in part, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you require.
By providing your information you also agree that we may also use your personal information to communicate with you on customer service and marketing initiatives, to consider any requests you make of us, for research and analytical purposes, to perform administrative functions, and to comply with any legal obligations.
We will treat any personal information you provide us as confidential within Plate Impressions Pty Ltd however we may disclose this information as necessary onto the Department of State Growth and other third parties who perform functions or services on our behalf, such as manufacturer, delivery, IT services, mailing functions, payment processors, suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes, our business advisors,
including accountants, lawyers to the extent reasonable required and other professional organisations that assist us to check for or prevent unauthorised or fraudulent transactions, or where otherwise required by law. We will request that such third parties to which your personal information is disclosed also treats the information as confidential.
1. We respect your privacy
- 1.1. Plate Impressions Pty Ltd respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and also with the Personal Information Protection Act 2004 (Tas). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- 1.2. "Personal information" is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. Collection of personal information
- 2.1. Plate Impressions Pty Ltd will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our Website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- 2.2. You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- 2.3. Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. How we collect your personal information
4. Use of your personal information
- 4.1. Plate Impressions Pty Ltd may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- 4.2. Plate Impressions Pty Ltd may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, SMS or mail.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
- 5.1. We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors, and government department insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- 5.2. We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, and warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- 5.3. We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Plate Impressions Pty Ltd, its website www.tasplates.com and customers or third parties.
- 5.4. Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
- 5.5. If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets or the termination of our services by the Tasmanian Government, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser or new supplier under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
6. Security of your personal information
- 6.1. Plate Impressions Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Access to your personal information
- 7.1. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
- 7.2. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- When you visit our website (www.tasplates.com), we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our website, such that we can improve our service.
8.3. Third parties
Our site may, from time to time, have links to or from other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to or from third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these third parties. Please be aware that Plate Impressions Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
9. Direct marketing materials
- 9.1. We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services, and promotions that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2004 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
9.2. Opt Out of Direct Marketing
In addition, at any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (details below) or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link). We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
9.3. Unable to Opt Out of Regulatory Notifications
From time to time you may receive information of a regulatory nature or as a regulatory requirement relating to the goods and services. Please note that we are unable to remove you from any direct communications that are of a regulatory nature that we are required to send to you, and you will not be able to opt out of those.
- 9.4. If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us using the details provided below.
10. Opt out right
- 10.1. You can request to opt-out of receiving promotional and marketing material via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link). You will then be removed from receiving promotional and marketing correspondence from TasPlates. Please note, that you are unable to opt out from any communications regarding regulatory matters.
11. Complaints about privacy
- 11.1. If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaint to the TasPlates Privacy Officer at PO Box 1128, Hobart, Tasmania, 7001 or by calling our Privacy Officer on 1300 787 060. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving notice of your complaint.
Using the latest internet browser on your computer will help to improve your tasplates.com experience. We support the following minimum browser standards;
- Internet Explorer 11 or later
- Microsoft Edge 40 or later
- Mozilla Firefox 42 or later
- Google Chrome 58 or later
- Apple Safari 10 or later
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Website or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Website more useful to you.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
When you use and access the Website, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
- To enable certain functions of the Website
- To provide analytics
- To enable advertisements delivery, including behavioural advertising
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Website and we use different types of cookies to run the Website:
- Essential cookies. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts.
- Analytics cookies. We may use analytics cookies to track information how the Website is used so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
- Advertising cookies. These type of cookies are used to deliver advertisements on and through the Website and track the performance of these advertisements. These cookies may also be used to enable third-party advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant to you based upon your activities or interests.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Website, deliver advertisements on and through the Website, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
Last updated: 1 June 2017